General Counsel & Co-Managing Partner
Mr. Adelson is the firm’s General Counsel and co-Managing Partner. He has practiced in the field of Workers’ Compensation for almost 40 years. In addition, Mr. Adelson’s legal career includes experience in the areas of civil, family and criminal law.
Mr. Adelson obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree from California State University, Fullerton, and his law degree from Western State University College of Law in Fullerton. He has also completed numerous courses in Advanced Legal Education at the University of Southern California Law Center as well as multiple courses in human anatomy, orthopedic medicine and psychiatric medicine.
He has served as a Judge Pro Tem and also as a workers’ compensation instructor at several colleges in Southern California. Throughout his career, he’s mentored numerous first-year students and enjoys their enthusiasm and fresh approach to the law.
Mr. Adelson has been the recipient of several honors. He received the prestigious designation of Certified Litigation Management Professional (CLMP) from the CLM’s Litigation Management Institute. He was nominated and accepted as a member of The Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation. In 2014, he was named as one of California’s Top Lawyers by The Legal Network for “exhibiting the highest in ethical standards and professional excellence.” Who’s Who named Mr. Adelson as a Top Attorney of North America in their 2017 publication.
In 2013, Mr. Adelson was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America. In addition to California, he is a member of the state Bars in both Iowa and Washington, D.C.
When he’s not absorbed by the law, Jeff collects and restores vintage briefcases. He put himself through college and law school selling rare phonograph records and shoes. He still loves rock ‘n’ roll and is still fascinated with footwear design.
More about Jeff
A rabid Dodgers fan, Jeff loves baseball and learned to read as a child by devouring the back of every baseball card he could find. He still reads constantly, both fiction and nonfiction. His enjoyment of history is useful in his law practice. He is fascinated by legal research around historical precedents and finding the reasons behind each case’s decisions.
Mr. Adelson enjoys the field of employment and Worker’s Compensation. A favorite book on this topic is Working by Studs Terkel. [Full title is Working: People Talk About What They Do All Day and How They Feel About What They Do.]
He is a strong believer in human rights and abhors any type of intolerance.
He loves movies, especially silent movies, and opera. Although his favorite cartoon is Dumbo and Rocky & Bullwinkle, his life mentor in cartoons is Bugs Bunny.
Jeff is a widower with two children.
Favorite movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite food: Deep dish Chicago pizza
Favorite animal: Kangaroos
University of Southern California, Law Center, Advanced Legal Education Courses
California Community College Instructor Credential
Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, CA
California State University, Fullerton, CA
Bachelor of Arts, History
Publications with Mr. Adelson’s work:
- Business Insider
- Business Insurance
- CLM’s Workers’ Compensation Magazine
- Orange County Business Journal
- Property Casualty 360 Magazine
- Risk & Insurance
- Society for Human Resource Management
- The Workers’ Comp News Executive Digest
- Tire Business Magazine
- Wall Street Journal
- Workers’ Compensation Enquirer
Mr. Adelson has been a member of the following organizations:
- Claims Litigation Management Alliance
- Joint Orange County Workers’ Compensation Carriers and Defense Association
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA)
- Southern California Defense Counsel Association
- Southern California Fraud Investigators Association
- Sports Lawyer Association
- Workers’ Compensation Defense Association
Additionally, he is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics, a community of compliance professionals that defines and shapes the corporate environment across a wide range of industries and around the world.
Mr. Adelson has lectured extensively regarding workers’ compensation, employment, and subrogation issues to physician, employer, insurer, and labor groups.
Below are his most recent talks.
- DRI’s Workers’ Compensation West Coast Seminar, October 9, 2018 on Emotional Intelligence and Empathy in Litigation and Current Ethical Considerations in Workers’ Compensation Claims
- 2018 WCI Educational Conference, August 21, 2018 on the topic, Diversity and Inclusion – Objective Examples of Meaningful Inclusion
- 2018 Manpower Group-Gallagher Bassett Conference, June 13, 2018 on Emotional Intelligence & Empathy In Claims Handling
- CA-SIG Spring Forum, May 9, 2018 on Protecting Your Employees Against the Hidden Threat of Workplace Bullying
- 2018 CLM Conference, February 8, 2018 on Banishing the Bullying: Confronting the Hidden Threat of Workplace Bullying in the Hospitality Section
- 2018 Risk Insurance Management Society on Banishing the Bullying: Confronting the Hidden Threat of Workplace Bullying
- Business Insurance Diversity & Inclusion Institute Conference, September 18, 2017 on Change Champions: How Inclusive Culture Improves Customer Experience