Following the Executive Order of May 6, 2020 allowing any COVID-19 related illness of an employee to be presumed industrially compensable, on September 17, 2020, Governor Newsom approved two bills that specifically address the COVID-19 crisis. This post provides details of each law and our thoughts.
Adelson McLean – Notable News
- Governor Newsom Signs Two Bills dealing with COVID-19: SB1159 and AB685
- Update to WCAB Procedures, Effective September 14, 2020
- Jeff Adelson’s 7th Year at CLM’s Claims College
- A Brief Survey of the Current Status of Bad Faith Claims in California Workers Compensation
- Puerto Rico’s New Law Offers Hope to Victims of Workplace Bullies